Perhaps 3dfx Gameplay Videos could be added?
There are some nice videos by LGR:
We could get author's permission on vogons.
Is there any source for this fact: "Lastly, it should be noted that Voodoo Graphics cards will not work with K7 (Athlon) CPUs, and Voodoo2 cards will need special 3rd party drivers to work with these CPUs. " ?
I had such a system running with Voodoo2 and can not remember having any issues.
Why is in the Voodoo3 series the Voodoo 3500TV mentioned, whereas the more logical follow up would be to mention the Voodoo3500 ? I don't see the TV extension as a crucial feature for the targeted audience.
- swaaye is the source for that, can't find the post but he said it just recently somewhere... there are indeed drivers specially made for K7 on falconfly
- as for the TV part I tried to make it somewhat comprehensive and complete as possible, not just to cater to a hardcore audience that very most likely knows everything here anyway
- anything that's factually wrong or missing? And to all users commenting, please sign your messages with four tildes each time D1stortion (talk) 11:46, 21 February 2013 (EST)
Well, what might be added is that the 8 MB Voodoo already has the advantage of being able to show 800x600 resolution and it is about 20% faster is texture intense games like Unreal. While there is a patched driver for Athlon CPUs this does not mean that the Reference driver does not work with Athlon CPUs. Enigma (talk) 13:03, 21 February 2013 (EST)
- http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=34664 I cannot verify this statement myself, but I'll leave it on here for now D1stortion (talk) 13:24, 21 February 2013 (EST)
"To get games which were originally made for Voodoo Graphics to work with Voodoo2 boards, one can use the following SST variables in the autoexec.bat" Does this work for all games? Idspispopd (talk) 00:10, 3 March 2013 (EST)
- Not sure, opinions seem to differ here, probably not, if you have a V2 give it a go and write down your experience here D1stortion (talk) 02:24, 3 March 2013 (EST)
" Banshee cards are far superior to Voodoo Rush, although they have a few bugs in various areas such as video playback and DOS VESA modes." The Banshees have the same 2D core as the Voodoo3 series and Voodoo3 is one of the fastest cards for DOS VESA, so what are the bugs the Banshee has? The DOS VESA capabilities should be identical.
"The V4 4500 is arguably not much better than the V3, since it performs similarly and its new features are of limited benefit." Better is rather vague. Maybe writing something like this would make it more clear: The V4 4500 shows a similar performance as a V3. Its new features like more RAM and 32 bit rendering are of limited benefit for most games of this performance class and time.Enigma (talk) 02:55, 5 March 2013 (EST)