Difference between revisions of "Year 2000 System Build"
(Created page with "The last year of the twentieth century brought about the Pentium 4 towards the end of the year. Though clocked at an impressive 1.5 GHz, it struggled to perform against high e...")
Revision as of 09:39, 14 November 2017
The last year of the twentieth century brought about the Pentium 4 towards the end of the year. Though clocked at an impressive 1.5 GHz, it struggled to perform against high end Pentium III's and the Athlon Thunderbird. Also, this was perhaps the last year that there were multiple GPU contenders.
- Intel Pentium 4 1.5 GHz (Willamette, 256K L2, 400 FSB)
- Intel Pentium 3 1.13 GHz (Coppermine, 256K L2, 133 FSB)
- AMD Athlon 1.2 'C' GHz (Thunderbird, 256K L2, 266 FSB)
- For Pentium 4: i850, Socket 423
- Abit TH7, Asus P4T
- For Pentium 3: i815E, i820 (dual capable), Via Apollo Pro133A (dual capable)
- Abit VP6 (dual Via133A), Asus P3C-D (i820 dual), CUSL2 (i815E)
- For AMD Athlon: Via KT133
- Abit KT7-RAID, Aopen AK73 Pro, Asus A7V, MSI K7T-Pro2
- Nvidia GeForce 2 Ultra 64MB
- Nvidia Quadro 2 Pro 64MB
- ATI Radeon DDR 64MB
- 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 (technically, only the 5500 was commercially available)
- Aureal Vortex 2
- Diamond Monster Sound MX300
- Creative Sound Blaster Live!